The bus company owned by the University of Hertfordshire, Uno, is to take over the St Albans operation of a major Midlands bus company. Uno has acquired 22 buses from Centrebus, thereby expanding its fleet to 80. The original architect of the university's participation in bus travel, secretary and registrar Philip Waters, said: "Many university students and staff live in and around St Albans so the university takes travel planning issues very seriously. There are clear possibilities from this proposal to positively influence travel patterns across the whole central Hertfordshire area."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now