The Albert Sloman Library at the University of Essex marked a milestone when its 1-millionth book - Andy Warhol Catalogue Raisonne: Paintings, Sculpture and Drawings - was added to its shelves. Colin Riordan, the vice-chancellor, fixed the bar code to the three-volume work, which details Warhol's paintings and sculptures completed between 1961 and 1969. The library opened in 1967.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now