A new lecture theatre at the University of Essex that came in for criticism from Prince Charles recently for looking like a "dustbin from the outside" has won a prestigious architectural award. The Ivor Crewe Lecture Hall at Essex was one of 30 Civic Trust Award winners named at a ceremony on 12 March. The Civic Trust, of which the Prince is a patron, is a charity dedicated to the promotion of quality design in the built environment.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now