A three-storey, £4.5 million extension to the Scottish capital's leading sporting facility has been unveiled. The new arm of the University of Edinburgh's Centre for Sport and Exercise provides 1,900sq m of sports space with views over Holyrood Park. The new facilities include a dance studio, a free-weights gym, a rowing gym and a sports injury clinic. The centre is also being put to alternative use as the venue for the National Theatre of Scotland's latest play Beautiful Burnout, which is set in a Glasgow gym.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now