A student who was spotted by a member of Kent Athletics Club as he sprinted through Bromley town centre when he was late for a seminar will represent England in the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Jeffrey Lawal-Balogun, a business student at the University of East London, will take part in the 200m sprint and 4 x 100m relay events at the Games in Delhi next month. David Cosford, director of sport at UEL, said: "Jeffrey's selection has been well deserved and the whole university will be cheering him on during the Games in October."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now