Innovative technology created at the University of East Anglia to help develop the literacy of deaf children has been nominated for a Bafta Children's Award. The Performing Hands project is an educational resource that uses sign language and written English in video stories and educational games to help deaf children understand grammar. The project materials use signing avatars created by researchers at the university's School of Computing Sciences.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now