University of Central Lancashire - Alcohol led to death, inquest hears

May 15, 2008

A stressed university lecturer turned to drink and died after an overdose of painkillers, an inquest heard. Colin Robinson had only just started work at the University of Central Lancashire's department of social work. But his family said that the stress of his new position led him to turn to alcohol, after suffering previous alcohol problems. A spokesperson for Uclan said: "Although Colin Robinson was only with us for a short time, both staff and students were very saddened by this news and our thoughts are with his family. The university takes the welfare of its staff extremely seriously, including the provision of a confidential counselling service."

Please login or register to read this article

Register to continue

Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.

Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:

  • Sign up for the editor's highlights
  • Receive World University Rankings news first
  • Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
  • Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Register

Have your say

Log in or register to post comments