A project to open up Scotland's important museum collections to an international online audience has been launched by the University of Aberdeen. Scottish universities hold more than 1.8 million exhibits in their museum collections, but only 7.5 per cent can currently be viewed on the web. Now nine universities, led by Aberdeen, are putting their collections online. The Revealing the Hidden Collections project will see artefacts - including the entire holdings of the universities of Aberdeen and Glasgow - photographed and recorded, with their details uploaded to the net.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now