A Russell Group university has received confirmation from the Government that its application to sponsor an academy school has been successful. University College London said the school, in the London Borough of Camden, would be comprehensive and non-selective, with places for more than 1,000 children. Pupils will have access to UCL's facilities and to a programme of masterclasses, seminars and summer schools given by university staff and supported by its students. The academy school is scheduled to open in 2011.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now