n Lecturers' union Natfhe stepped up its campaign for ethnic minority recruitment targets this week as the Policy Studies Institute published its final report into race discrimination in higher education.
The report, Ethnicity and Employment in Higher Education, found that 25 per cent of ethnic minority staff had experienced discrimination, and one out of five reported harassment from staff and students. Natfhe said that recruitment targets would help achieve race equality on campus.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now