John Hood, vice-chancellor of Oxford University, is a contender for Sir Richard Sykes's Imperial crown, Peep hears. Sir Richard is set to leave Imperial College London in summer 2008, and the university is said to want a mover and shaker, which is Dr Hood's style, if not one his stalwart Oxford colleagues are keen on. The joke purportedly amusing them at the moment is: "How many Oxford academics does it take to change a light bulb? Change?"
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now