Brussels, 06 Feb 2003
The Council adopted a Decision approving on behalf of the Community the Agreement on co-operation in science and technology, signed on 4 July 2002 in Copenhagen, between the European Community and Ukraine (doc. 9317/02 ).
The Agreement was concluded for an initial period until 31 December 2002, renewable by mutual agreement for further five-year periods.
It provides in particular for
- participation of Ukrainian researchers in Community projects in the fields of scientific and technological co.operation, and reciprocal participation by Community researchers in Ukrainian projects in those fields, as well as free access to and shared use of research facilities;
- visits and exchanges of scientists, engineers and other appropriate personnel, and participation in seminars, symposia and workshops;
- exchange of information on practice, legislation, regulations and programmes concerning scientific and technological co.operation;
- other activities to be decided on by mutual agreement in a joint committee of the parties;
- approval of a management plan prior to the launching of any research project.