The United Nations this week voted in favour of a declaration urging all governments to ban human cloning, including the cloning of human embryos for stem-cell research. The UK Government voted against the proposal and said stem-cell research would remain legal in Britain. The 191-nation assembly voted 84 to 34, with 37 abstentions.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now