Brussels, 16 Jan 2004
The UK's food standards agency is seeking to commission research and survey work for programme areas that are designed to inform and support the formulation of policy.
The agency is calling for research and survey projects in a number of areas, including:
- microbiological risk assessment (M. bovis in cheese);
- microbiological surveys (salmonella in eggs);
- mycotoxins and process contaminants research and surveys;
- diet and cardiovascular health (salt, whole grain foods);
- food acceptability and choice (portion size, snacking);
- dietary surveys and nutrients in food;
- toxicology and exposure research and surveys.
In addition to commissioning research projects, the agency appoints programme advisers and coordinators to maintain an overview and provide an external perspective on the various programme areas, and currently has a requirement for one such adviser.
For further information, please consult the following web address: