Brussels, 01 Oct 2002
The UK Food Standards Agency has released information on the areas in which it is looking to commission research projects.
Proposals are welcome from both UK and overseas applicants. Funding is available for projects focusing on:
- food additives
- chemical contaminants from food contact materials and articles
- naturally occurring contaminants in food
- improved methods of analysis
- safety of novel foods
- meat safety and hygiene
- monitoring of radioactivity in the food chain
- food authenticity and labelling.
A document outlining requirements for new research can be obtained at the reference below.