Brussels, 07 Feb 2003
The European Commission is organising three topical information meetings on different NUTECH topics under the EURATOM programme of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
Details of the three events are as follows:
- Sustainable integration of European research on severe accident phenomenology and management - Munich, 6 March;
- Decommissioning of nuclear installations - Brussels, 10 March;
- Prediction of irradiation damage effects on reactor components - Brussels, 13 March.
The purpose of the meetings are twofold: to promote a fuller understanding of FP6, the new opportunities it presents, the new instruments and their implementation in practice, and to provide a forum where those with an interest in participating in a topical area can inform others of their interests, capabilities and potential contribution they could make in achieving the programme objectives.
The one day meetings will comprise the following elements:
- a presentation by the Commission of the relevant instruments and the scope and objectives of the topical area;
- a question and answer session to clarify issues raised in advance or on the day;
- informal presentations by those present of their interests and capabilities in addressing the objectives of the topical area: if needed, sub-groups could be organised to address the specific sub-areas;
- general discussion moderated by the Commission services.
Registrations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis, and the organisers are keen to point out that Commission representatives will not engage in any discussions on the merits or otherwise of any particular proposal.
For further information and registration, please contact the relevant individual listed below:
For the events in Munich on 6 March and Brussels on 10 March, contact:
Mrs Anne Delory
Tel: +32 2 299 1806
Fax: +32 2 295 4991
For the event in Brussels on 13 March, contact:
Mrs Marianne Antoine
Tel: +32 2 296 4836
Fax: +32 2 295 4991