The Government has approved bids by six higher education colleges to become universities.
The university colleges of Bath Spa, Canterbury Christchurch, Liverpool Hope, Chester, Winchester plus the Southampton Institute all had confirmation from the Department for Education and Skills this week that they meet necessary criteria.
The university title is still subject to approval by the Privy Council.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now