The London School of Economics has unveiled a portrait of the eminent sociologist Anthony Giddens in its library. The former director of the LSE is said to like it, having wanted something "a bit different".
The portrait by Michael Noakes shows Professor Giddens with a microphone in his right hand while the left appears in triplicate, gesticulating furiously. However, Professor Giddens's preferred caption of "forewarned is fore-armed" was rejected.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now