Brussels, 16 Jun 2004
The European Commission has published a thematic call for proposals under the 'life sciences, genomics and biotechnology for health' Priority of the Sixth Framework Programme. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by this call are:
(i) Advanced genomics and its applications for health, including:
- fundamental knowledge and basic tools for functional genomics in all organisms;
- application of knowledge and technologies in the field of genomics and biotechnology for health.
(ii) Combating major diseases, including:
- application-oriented genomic approaches to medical knowledge and technologies;
- combating cancer;
- confronting the major communicable diseases linked to poverty.
(iii) Specific support actions across Thematic Priority 1.
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of Integrated Projects (IP), Networks of Excellence (NoE), specific targeted research projects (STREP), coordination actions (CA), and specific support actions (SSA). Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budgets for this call, broken down by instrument, are as follows:
- IP or NoE: 405 to 432 million euro
- STREP or CA or area specific SSA: 108 to 135 million euro
- Strategic SSA across Thematic Priority 1: 8 million euro To see the call text, please visit: http://fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=148 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 16.11.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.