Each month, the Annals of Improbable Research selects a report worthy of closer scrutiny. The Diary is pleased to bring you this month's choice: Does Money Matter? Older People's Views of their Monetary Resources by Glenda Cook, Jan Reed, Sussan Childs and Amanda Hale. The authors explain: "The overriding conclusion was that the value of money for older people rests in what it enables them to do, and in the sense of control over personal circumstances that it gives." The 82-page report is available to purchase from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation at the price of £9.95.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now