Brussels, 24 Mar 2004
A conference on increasing regional applied research and innovation through public-private partnerships, in the context of the EU funded PRELUDE project, will take place in Ennis, Ireland, on 13 and 14 May.
The PRELUDE Challenge conference is the final one in a series. The initiative's main achievements will be presented, along with follow-up plans. The conference topics therefore include:
- the nine European clusters for innovation launched;
- the policy work done to support regional research and innovation using information and communication technologies;
- an open source analysis aimed at fostering free circulation and re-use of software applications throughout Europe;
- the PRELUDE Internet portal;
- future challenges, expanding the network to other regions, and a two year follow-up plan to be implemented following the termination of the project in June 2004.
The project is an accompanying measure funded under the information society technologies (IST) programme of the Fifth Framework Programme (FP5).
For further information, please visit: