Brussels, 06 Apr 2005
The Dutch Programme for Tissue Engineering (DPTE) will hold a conference on 9 to 10 May in Ede, the Netherlands.
Some of the topics discussed will include:
- tissue engineering of cartilage - chondrocytes or stem cells?
- heart valve tissue engineering by means of umbilical cord blood derived progenitor cells;
- biomaterials in vivo: the foreign body reaction and biocompatibility;
- skeletal tissue engineering: from in vitro studies to large animal studies;
- advanced bioreactors and tissue engineering;
- mesenchymal stem cells: a potential source for tissue repair;
- cartilage tissue engineering in practice: not just a defect to treat;
- articular cartilage destruction: monitoring in vitro and in vivo processes.
For further information, please visit: