Swansea University's Association of University Teachers is set to take on the university's student union in an unprecedented employment dispute at an industrial tribunal next week.
The AUT will claim that the student union unfairly dismissed its member, student union manager Nick Tregonning, earlier this year.
Mr Tregonning was dismissed for alleged "incompetence". The AUT said the dismissal breached the student union's procedures and employment law.
The student union has offered to settle the matter with a significant sum of money and a public apology. But it has said that it will refuse any order to reinstate Mr Tregonning.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now