Brussels, 09 Sep 2004
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'Sustainable energy systems - research activities having an impact in the medium and longer term' under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'Sustainable development, global change and ecosystems' activity. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The areas covered by this call are:
- fuel cells (section 22.214.171.124.1 of the work programme);
- new technologies for energy carriers (section 126.96.36.199.2 of the work programme);
- renewable energy technologies (section 188.8.131.52.3 of the work programme);
- capture and sequestration of CO2 (section 184.108.40.206.4 of the work programme);
- socioeconomic tools and concepts (section 220.127.116.11.5 of the work programme).
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of Integrated Projects (IP), Networks of Excellence (NoE), specific targeted research projects (STREPs), and coordination actions (CAs). Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 190 million euro, with 124 million euro being made available for IP and NoE and 66 million euro available for STREPs and CAs. To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cfm?CALL_ID=167 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 8.12.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.