A Sudanese woman who was abducted and held as a slave is to tell her story at a conference in the UK. The autobiography of Mende Nazer, Slave (2008), inspired the recent Channel 4 and Slate Films drama I Am Slave. She will be speaking at a University of Salford conference on 24 November. It will focus on telling true stories through narrative and relaying experiences through creative channels such as literature and the stage.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now