Brussels, 09 Jul 2004
The European Commission's Energy and Transport DG has published a prior information notice concerning a future study on the large-scale development of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
The study shall prepare a concept for the large-scale development of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. The activities should engage the major European actors in these fields. The necessary resources should be made available from the private as well as from the public sector from European, national, regional, and local institutions.
The study shall comprise:
- an assessment of the most promising key technologies that could attain market maturity within less than 15 years;
- a detailed and coherent work programme of all activities proposed, comprising development and deployment of the selected key technologies and the resulting applications as well as the build-up of the necessary infrastructure and services;
- an analysis of possible management structures and a detailed proposal for its most appropriate form;
- a concept for accompanying information and education activities;
- a breakdown of the resources (technical, human, financial) required for all the proposed activities.
The estimated total budget for the study is 250 000 euro, and the Commission has scheduled the publication of the call for tenders for mid July 2004. To see the full details of the call, please: click here
Remarks: Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.