Brussels, 13 Sep 2005
The European Commission has published a call for tenders relating to a study on the impact of information and communication technologies (ICT) on patient safety and risk management in healthcare.
The objective of the contract is to provide the Commission with well-researched background materials on the current state of the art concerning the use of ICT in the area of patient safety and risk management in healthcare.
The study will address the following key areas:
- identify key topics in patient safety and risk management in healthcare;
- present the state of play of eHealth use in patient safety in Member States (EU-25);
- present relevant examples in the area of risk management in Europe and worldwide;
- outline the major opportunities and challenges for eHealth applications in the area of risk management in healthcare in Europe;
- present a long-term vision - future eHealth research topics in the area of patient safety and risk management over the next decade;
- identify the necessary instruments - administrative, legal, technical, and financial - in order to achieve the 10-year vision in the area of patient safety and risk management in healthcare.
For further information, please contact:
Attn. Mr Gérard Comyn
Office: BU31, 06/66
To see the full details of the call, please:
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is 10.11.2005.
The deadline for submitting tender documents is 10.11.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.