Student numbers grow

December 19, 2003

New figures from the Learning and Skills Council show increases in the number of students in further education. Between 2001-02 and 2002-03 there was a 1 per cent increase in the number of further education students overall to 3.91 million, and a 4 per cent increase in the number of further education students under 19 years old to 670,000. There was also a 5 per cent increase in the number of students on modern apprenticeship programmes to 224,000.

You've reached your article limit.

Register to continue

Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:

  • Sign up for the editor's highlights
  • Receive World University Rankings news first
  • Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
  • Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Register

Have your say

Log in or register to post comments