The Government is to re-examine its rules on the right of European students to obtain financial aid in the UK after a ruling in the European Court of Justice. The court decided this week on the case of a French student, Dany Bidar, who was refused a maintenance loan to study at University College London. It ruled that the three years Mr Bidar spent at a London secondary school entitled him to financial aid.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now