Brussels, 10 Oct 2002
The European Commission has published a call for tenders for a study on spectrum management in the field of broadcasting.
With regard to spectrum management in the field of broadcasting (terrestrial and satellite television and radio) the objectives of the study are the following:
- to recall the analogue broadcasting legacy in Europe;
- to identify the challenges from the ongoing transition to an all-digital scenario and the digital convergence of communication services, distinguishing between the two aspects and analysing the links between them;
- to analyse the possibilities and limits of new approaches and tools (more efficient and flexible) to spectrum management;
- to evaluate and advise on the feasibility of those new approaches within the administrative and regulatory frameworks relevant to European Union (EU) countries, notably the CEPT and the EU. Special consideration should be given to the efficient functioning of the European internal market for broadcasting services and products;
- to advise on how to reconcile deterministic spectrum planning with increasingly dynamic market development and largely unpredictable technological evolution.
For further information, please contact:
Directorate-General Information Society
Attn: Mr Y. Domzalski BU 33 6/55
rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 200
B- 1049 Brussels
Tel: +32 2 296 9015 or +32 2 296 9101
Fax: +32 2 296 8393
To see the call text, please consult
Remarks: The deadline for requesting tender documents is 26.10.2002. The deadline for submitting tender documents is 18.11.2002.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Communities at the reference below.