Brussels, 08 Jul 2005
The European Commission has launched a call for proposals under the 'Life sciences, genomics and biotechnology for health' section of the Sixth Framework Programme.
The call addresses:
- gene expression and proteomics;
- structural genomics;
- comparative genomics and population genetics;
- multidisciplinary functional genomics approaches to basic biological processes;
- rational and accelerated development of new, safer, more effective drugs, including pharmacogenomics approaches;
- development of new diagnostics;
- development of new in-vitro tests to replace animal experimentation;
- development and testing of new preventive and therapeutic tools, such as somatic gene and cell therapies and immunotherapies;
- innovative research in post-genomics;
- combating cardiovascular disease, diabetes and rare diseases;
- combating resistance to antibiotics and other drugs;
- studying the brain and combating diseases of the nervous system;
- studying human development and the ageing process.
The indicative total budget for this call is 382.6 million euro.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
http:///fp6.cordis .lu/lifescihealth/call_ details.cfm?CALL_ID=213
Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 9.11.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.