The Times Higher 's attempts to get an insight into the activities of the security services on UK campuses via requests under the Freedom of Information Act have thus far failed. But one nugget of information about the cagey organisation has been revealed.
As if eager to emphasise their life in the shadows, the good folk at the Secret Intelligence Service - otherwise known as MI6 - reply to correspondence from a Post Office Box address on fetching grey writing paper.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now