Brussels, 11 Sep 2003
Scotland Europa and the Scottish crop research institute will host a seminar on the role of plant science and agricultural research in contributing to European competitiveness and sustainability in Brussels on 28 October.
Key themes that the event will seek to address include:
- why plant science and agricultural research have such a low profile in Europe, and what can be done to remedy it;
- what are the key future drivers in this field of research;
- identifying opportunities for increasing funding levels and public awareness of plant science;
- enhancing cooperation and commercialisation opportunities in an expanding EU;
- opportunities for enhanced inter-regional cooperation.
A range of experts and Commission speakers will address these topics at the event.
To view a draft programme for the event, please visit: