Brussels, 28 Nov 2002
The European research area Wood initiative (ERA-Wood) is holding a second workshop in Vienna focussed on the preparation of an integrated project under the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The project will look at the forest-wood-product chain (FWPC), and potential participants in FP6 are asked to send documentation regarding such a project to organisers before 2 December. Documents will be treated confidentially.
The event hopes to attract all key players and decision makers of the European forest and wood industries as well as forest and wood research. Key elements of the programme include:
- a presentation by Jeremy Wall of the European Commission on research priorities for enhancing the use of wood in Europe
- introduction to the FWPC integrated project
- workgroup on supply-chain management and sustainability
- workgroup on construction; product systems and concepts
- workgroup on innovative products and new materials
- workgroup on education and training
- open discussion and final conclusions
ERA-Wood is an initiative supported by the Commission, and its goal is to combine the research and development needs of wood working industries with the capabilities of European research institutes and organisations.
For further information, please consult the following web address: http://www.era-wood.info/index.html