A tough battle is in prospect to determine the successor to TV personality Lorraine Kelly as rector of Dundee University. There are two candidates, neither of whom backs down in the face of opposition. One is Craig Murray, formerly our man in Tashkent, who blew the whistle on human rights abuses in Uzbekistan. The other is Andy Nicol, former national rugby union captain who led Scotland to victory against the English in 2000 and claimed the Calcutta Cup. The election will be held on February 16.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now