In the week of the Oscars, a Glasgow University professor organised his own night with the stars. John Brown, Astronomer Royal for Scotland, and academic colleagues hosted a ticketed evening of star-gazing.
"There will be an ample number of telescopes for all to use and plenty to see in the night sky," he said. The dress code for a Scottish winter night was not expected to be decollete designer gowns and tuxes.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now