Henry McLeish, Scotland's first minister, and Wendy Alexander, minister for enterprise and lifelong learning, this week officially launched the Scottish University for Industry, backed by almost Pounds 40 million in government funding.
At the launch of SUfI's brand name, learndirect scotland, Ms Alexander announced £5.5 million over the next three years for Individual Learning Accounts to improve IT skills.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now