Even degree ceremonies are being exploited by the rest of the UK to capitalise on England's sorrow at its team's World Cup defeat. Belfast-born TV presenter Eamon Holmes, who was this week awarded an honorary degree by Queen's University Belfast, began his address by saying. "I was told I should get a Wayne Rooney alarm clock, as it's guaranteed to go off after an hour." He's a diehard Man United fan as well.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now