Brussels, 04 Jun 2004
From 21 to 26 June, the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research and the Ministry of European Integration are organising 'Romanian Genomics Week' - a series of information events on Priority 1 of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6) 'Life sciences, genomics and biotechnology for health'.
The events, which will also promote the results of research funded under national programmes, will be organised as follows:
- 21 June - brokerage event on cancer, Bucharest;
- 22 June - brokerage event on poverty-related diseases (AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis), Iasi;
- 23 June - brokerage event on drug resistance, Targu Mures;
- 23 June - brokerage event on cardiovascular diseases, Cluj-Napoca;
- 24 June - brokerage event on the aging process, Arad;
- 25 June - brokerage event on the study of the brain and neurological diseases, Craiova;
- 26 June - brokerage event on diabetes, Eforie Nord.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Ioana Ispas
European Integration Councillor for research aspects: bioethics, genomics and health
Tel: +40 21 210 95