Brussels, 08 Mar 2005
An international conference on major risks challenging the public, scientists and governments will take place in Como, Italy, from 12 to 14 September.
Topics discussed during the conference will include:
- - risk communication: issues arising among scientists, civil protection authorities, and between scientists, governments and the public;
- the role of the media in challenging scientists' and decision makers' agenda;
- risk in complex environments;
- creating a risk reducing culture: concerns regarding vulnerability reduction, the search for structural and non structural preventive measures addressing both natural and technological disasters;
- integration of risk management health, safety and environmental protection;
- governance in a risk informed society and risk communication.
For further information, please visit:
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now