Brussels, 08 Mar 2005
An international conference on major risks challenging the public, scientists and governments will take place in Como, Italy, from 12 to 14 September.
Topics discussed during the conference will include:
- - risk communication: issues arising among scientists, civil protection authorities, and between scientists, governments and the public;
- the role of the media in challenging scientists' and decision makers' agenda;
- risk in complex environments;
- creating a risk reducing culture: concerns regarding vulnerability reduction, the search for structural and non structural preventive measures addressing both natural and technological disasters;
- integration of risk management health, safety and environmental protection;
- governance in a risk informed society and risk communication.
For further information, please visit: