The federal university in Rio de Janeiro is involved in a tug-of-war with the education minister over funds to improve poor classroom facilities. The university sought funding after the ministry criticised conditions at the university's school of communications. But the minister said the university should use its own resources and accused administrators of lacking the courage to make the necessary decisions.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now