Dutch universities fear that as many as 1,100 jobs could be in danger if planned changes to the funding of scientific research go ahead. The Education Ministry in the Netherlands plans to shift responsibility for reviewing research grant proposals to the Organisation for Scientific Research. A ministry spokesman told the Dutch news agency ANP that jobs might be lost at some universities, while new posts could be created at other institutions. The ministry denied that it was cutting total expenditure in research funding.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now