Brussels, 30 Jun 2003
As part of the Commission funded RegMet project, the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (BIPM) is hosting a workshop to examine the importance of measurement to regulation. The event will be held on 19 September in Sèvres, Paris, France.
The workshop will offer participants the opportunity to gain an understanding of the breadth and complexity of measurement issues in regulatory activity, and will present project findings related to measurement best practice. The concept of a 'template for regulators' - a systematic guidance tool to aid and promote the adoption of measurement best practice in the regulatory context - will be launched.
Key topics for discussion will be:
- The importance of measurement in regulation;
- Regulation and metrology in chemistry;
- Regulation and metrology in physical quantities;
- Uncertainties and written standards;
- Significance of metrology in accreditation;
- Dialogue with regulators in less developed countries.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +44 208 943 6397