The number of entries to this year's Times Higher Awards was up by almost 50 per cent on last year's inaugural event.
Just under 90 UK universities have sent entries for at least one of the 18 categories in the 2006 awards, which reward excellence in the higher education sector. These include entries from all 19 Russell Group institutions.
About 60 universities submitted entries to the inaugural Times Higher Awards last year.
Other institutions entering submissions include higher education colleges, specialist research institutes and various overseas universities.
The shortlists for prizes will be announced at the end of September. The winners will be unveiled at The London Hilton on Park Lane in November.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now