Music composed by a group of Queen's University Belfast students has been chosen as the official sound of Northern Ireland. John Shelly and the Creatures, a four-piece band, wrote the song Long May You Reign, the soundtrack for the new advertisement by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. The band was formed in 2007 when its members met while studying music technology at Queen's. Three of the four continued their studies and are now completing masters degrees in sonic arts. The advert will air on radio and television and in cinemas.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now