Irish playwright Brian Friel, famous for works such as Dancing at Lughnasa, has had a new performing arts research centre named after him. Queen's University Belfast has also renamed its state-of-the-art theatre. Mr Friel said: "I hope the Brian Friel Theatre and Centre for Theatre Research will enhance the already excellent facilities available to drama students."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now