Colin Blakemore, chief executive of the Medical Research Council, this week launched a £7.9 million research institute at Leeds University that will help build on the findings of the Human Genome Project. The centre will be the sole UK partner in the Human Proteome Organisation, which aims to map all the proteins in the human body in relation to disease.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now