Brussels, 09 Apr 2003
The European Commission has published a prior information notice regarding a call for tenders for studies, data and services within the framework of the 'integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' section of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
Under the 'support for the coherent development of policies' activity, the Commission will invite tenders for studies relating to foresight, statistics and science and technology indicators under the following lots:
- Lot 1) regular collection of bibliometric indicators;
- Lot 2) collection and analysis of regionalised venture capital data;
- Lot 3) collection of firm level R&D (research and development) expenditure and human resources data and analysis of how firms report such information and the relevant regulations;
- Lot 4) database of S&T (science and technology) data on Europe's leading research universities;
- Lot 5) analysis of university and public research institutions' patenting activity;
- Lot 6) comparison of technology-industry concordances in the field of patents;
- Lot 7) internationalisation of R&D strategies of firms and its impact;
- Lot 8) bibliometric analysis of the science base to identify new and emerging scientific trends and the countries involved in the science base and its use;
- Lot 9) indicators, statistics and analysis of factors affecting human resources in science and technology: demography, attractiveness, education and training, occupation and employment, and mobility;
- Lot 10) the knowledge bases of knowledge-based industries;
- Lot 11) the impact of R&D on growth and employment;
- Lot 12) typologies of the regional innovation systems in Europe;
- Lot 13) impact of future demographic trends on R&D personnel;
- Lot 14) evolution and structure of public research centres;
- Lot 15) comparable analysis of the treatment of public R&D, innovation and education in national budgets;
- Lot 16) S&T linkage indicators;
- Lot 17) support with the preparation of indicators, analysis and statistical issues related to the conception and preparation of S&T indicators reports and for coordinating the development of S&T policies in Europe.
The call for tenders is expected to be published before July 2003, and the Commission says that lots will be grouped together into a small number of calls for tenders, which may or may not all be published at the same time.
The total available budget is four million euro.
To see the full details of the prior information notice, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Communities at the reference below.
Document Reference: OJ No S-70 of 9 April 2003