Brussels, 01 Mar 2005
No. Prev. doc. 6453/1/05 REV 1 COMPET 28 MI
18 IND 11 RECH 33 ECOFIN 45 SOC 64 AG 8 EDUC 22 ENV 72
No. Cion doc.: 5990/05 ECOFIN 28 SOC 34 AG 4 MI 6 COMPET 14 IND 8 RECH 14 EDUC 11 ENV 43 + ADD 1 & 2
Subject: Contribution of the Competitiveness Council to the Spring European Council on the Mid term review (MTR) of the Lisbon strategy
1. Delegations will find annexed to the present note the draft contribution of the Competitiveness Council to the Spring European Council drawn up by the Presidency following discussions at Coreper on 23 February 2005.
2. The Presidency considers that the text reflects broad agreement on a wide range of issues which fall within the competence of the Competitiveness Council in relation to the MTR of the Lisbon strategy, following the Commission's Communication to the Spring European Council.
3. During the Coreper discussions a number of specific issues were raised, as follows:
(a) the question of the criterion of excellence in the choice of research projects to be approved during the implementation of the 7th Framework Programme, as well as the need to ensure equal access to the procedures for submitting projects, in particular to reduce the technological gap (cf Annex p. 6);
(b) the development of a procedure and the draft timetable for the adoption of the Services
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now