Acclaimed literary critic Christopher Ricks has been elected the next professor of poetry at Oxford University. The professor of humanities at Boston University received 214 out of 531 votes from Oxford academics, students and alumni last Saturday. He will succeed poet and academic Paul Muldoon, who completes his five-year term in September.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now